Institutional Development Program, known as IDP is a knowledge based intervention to strengthen the three organizations Varanasi Nagar Nigam (VNN), Jal Kal Vibhag (JKV) and Ganga Pollution Prevention Unit of UPJN.
The project is funded by JICA as part of Ganga Action Plan II and falls under the category of Non-Sewerage Components being executed by VNN. The Total outlay for IDP is Rs. 31.80 crores.
The Objective of IDP is strengthen these organizations by Institutional Development and Capacity building enabling the beneficiary organizations to:
• Enhance their organizational capacity
• Improve their Finances and achieve self-sustainability
• Provide better Service Delivery to the Citizens
• Maintain their Water supply and Sanitation assets efficiently
• To sustain the infrastructure created through other interventions/projects.
The major sub-components of IDP project are:
• Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building
• Organisation Review and HR management
• Training and Skills Development
• GIS and MIS Development for Water and Sanitation assets
• Tariff Restructuring and Financial Management
• Improvements to Operation & Maintenance of WATSAN assets
• ICT interventions for better Administration and Service Delivery
The IDP project is being executed by a Japanese Consultancy firm “TEC International Company Limited” and is currently ongoing.